Sunday, February 1, 2009

Clarity begins at home

I've had a couple of messages from people who are confused about the whole Twitter thing. A lot of the queries stem from roughly the same point: Why have a Twitter account and a blog? Well, in the simplest terms, the blog is to elaborate on my thoughts and offer pearly pieces of bonafide wisdom while the Twitter account is to tell the world what I'm doing/thinking at that moment in time.

Twitter is what is referred to by techy types as micro-blogging:

Microblogging is a web service that allows the subscriber to broadcast short messages to other subscribers of the service. Microposts can be made public on a Web site and/or distributed to a private group of subscribers.

- TechTarget.com

I've nearly always got my mobile on my person so if something tickles my fancy (as the actress said to the bishop) I can post it instantly on Twitter and if I deem it worthy of extended prose then I will elaborate further on this here Blog. Hopefully this tidies things up.

Speaking of tidying up, I've got a whole load of tidying ahead of me today. The bedroom is in dire need of attention and the bathroom and kitchen are so grotty I've been showering and eating elsewhere for fear of catching something from the toilet seat or cutting board!

I was experimenting with other forms of delivering blogs earlier on. I've dabbled in podcasts before and had a fairly successful show that featured on iTunes. However, it is video blogs that have been catching my eye for some time. Watch this space, Internet folk - watch this space...

Jambo out.

0 comments: