Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Let's get nerdy for a moment

I've just had what can only be described as the greatest game of Halo 3 ever! Now, I don't want people assuming things about my character so I'm going to come out and say it: I'm a massive nerd. But, I don't want to flaunt it in someone's face, so this will probably be the only time that videogames get mentioned on here - the place for discussing games is usually a forum not a blog. Anyway, back to the game!

I'm currently involved in a Halo Tournament (please don't judge me) over at TGN as part of some sort of gaming equivalent of the Olympics. My flatmate and I entered with high hopes and we won our first game, dare I say it, fairly convincingly. The match tonight, however, was incredibly close. I'll let you see for yourselves:



The match started off badly for Team Blue and just seemed to get worse. We were always just about hanging in and we managed to kill ourselves a couple of times; however, after some clever use of wits and cunnings, we managed to somehow bring it back to 49 - 49. eMatt and I were hiding in the main base next to the lift deciding our next move. Suddenly, my partner in crime spots some movement and pokes his head out for a clearer view. I kindly remind him that the sniper rifle was in their possession and he retreated back round the corner, a bullet whizzing, neigh, skimming the peak of his helmet. We hang back a bit until I see some movement on the radar: "They're right below us!" I yell. I heroicly leap down, giant hammer in hand, and realise that I've stupidly hurled myself in between my two enemies. I notice on the radar that the enemy closer to my back is more of a danger and fling myself round and flail the hammer madly at the encroaching red target. Game over. We won. 50-49. I allowed myself to jump to my feet and let out a battle cry: "YYYAAAAAAWRRR!" A manly hug with my flatmate and fellow Blue-Team-Brother and we sit back down with a celebratory bottle of Grolsch, knowing our work had been done. It was an epic moment and is definitely up there with my favourite Xbox LIVE moments.

Jambo out.

0 comments: