Saturday, May 2, 2009

Firstly...

I'm going to apologise for neglecting this blog. It's been about 7 weeks since the last update but I assure you there is a really good reason for this: I'm Hella busy. Seriously. It's almost unreal.

The documentary (now entitled 'The Future of News' is coming along really well. The last couple of days filming have made me really proud both of my production team and of my own development as a cameraman. We did a piece to camera (PtC hereon) and I got to be really artsy with some close-up camera shots. I did a rack focus on an extreme closeup of the Macbook keyboard and got this really cool shimmer effect as a result. I love it when you're just messing around with settings and features and you end up filming something that looks really cool. Our last interview was with one of the lecturers at Uni and we did shot on location at the beach. After filming we took the tapes back to the Uni and played them back on the big screen. It was my first time working with the fig rig in an interview format but the team and I were pleased with the result. The background was stunning; it looked like the clouds had been painted on! This whole project has made me realise just how far I've come in the three years.

This weekend is the first time in ages that I'm not having to rush around with scripts, working on essays, or having commitments to other people. So, seeing as I had three days off (including the Bank Holiday Monday) I thought I'd have a selfish weekend. I've got over a month's worth of television to catch up on so I'm gonna get a takeaway pizza tonight, get some beer in and just park myself in front of the TV in an orgy of Bones, 24, Heroes, and - naturally - some Call of Duty 4.

Got my student loan in last week so I spent today duly spending as much of it as I could! Went on the footlocker website and bought some sweat pants, an Adidas original hoodie, and these bad boys:



I was torn between those and the footlocker exclusive iRobot padded collar Converse Allstars:



I'm happy with my choice but I reckon by Tuesday I'll have probably bought a pair of the above as well.

Took stock of a couple of deliveries this week too. My copy of #9 of Robert Kirkman's seminal zombie masterpiece 'The Walking Dead'. I haven't started reading it yet but after the cliffhanger #8 ended on I cant wait to see what's going to happen to poor ol' Rick next! Along with this, I was also pleasantly surprised to see my Michael Moore collection show up. The DVD box set contains his three major works: Bowling for Columbine, Fahrenheit 9/11, and Sicko. It's been a long time since I saw BfC but I can appreciate good auteurship when I see it and look forward to watching the other two.

On Friday evening I went and chilled with Ahsan in town. We grabbed a Nando's (I was fast-tracked to getting Extra Hot chicken - delicious !!) and saw Observe and Report. The Jambo low down: Probably not worth seeing. Wasn't funny enough to warrant the price tag.

Jambo out.

0 comments: