Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A New Dawn

Well, tonight I start (and hopefully finish) my last ever essay for academic purposes - that is unless of course I apply for a Masters degree in 2011! It's a strange feeling knowing that tomorrow is my final day of University. As I said in an earlier blog post, I've met a lot of cool people and it will be sad to see them go; however, it is an exciting period of my life and I am anxiously looking beyond tomorrow and towards the good times: My trip to Wales in July, my tour of America and the rest of the world, my eventual return, my next bout of education and then hopefully entering the world of work ideally doing something I really enjoy. There is nothing that frightens me more than the thought of being stuck in a job I detested with no real prospects or excitement in my life.

In other news, the documentary is coming along really nicely and the finished piece is being converted as we speak in one of the editing booths at the St Peter's Campus. The website I've been working really hard on goes live tomorrow so I'll be sure to post the link up on here and I'd really appreciate it if you would click it, watch the documentary, and leave your views here. I've got a rough copy of the documentary on my Macbook and I've been having a watch every now and then. I cannot explain how proud I am of this production! I will say though, as much as I am proud of it, I am starting to get a bit sick of the sight of it. It has been a real labour of love. Blood, sweat and tears went into this thing (I damaged my ankle ligaments again during the promotional photoshoot) and I honestly believe it has paid off. If the opportunity comes my way, I would love to get the chance to make another documentary - though maybe with a bigger team so the workload could be shared more!

Anyway, I've got 2,000 words to write for my critical evaluation (this has been a good warm up, I suppose) so I'm going to get to work on that.

Jambo out.

0 comments: