Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 1: Arrival

Whoa. That was a looong flight. I mean, I knew it'd be long, but at times it felt like the clock was going backwards. A few times I dozed off and awoke to find the estimated time had increased!

Got into Chicago O'Hare at roughly 8:15pm and made my way through to border control/customs and immigration, etc. One guy at the airport got quite rudely grabbed by the shoulder and shoved at the back of the line for no reason whatsoever so I made sure I was on my best behaviour. The queue went by quick enough and eventually I saw one of the officers and they asked me the usual questions (how long you here? Where are you going? How much money did you bring? etc...).

Just as I made it to the carousel my luggage swung by which was a stroke of good fortune so with that in tow I made my way to the Taxi rank. Due to the late time I had to pay 1.5x the normal rate. In the end it cost me $60 to get to the Hotel but it's better than having to try and make my own way there.

Anyway, got into the Hotel and got the key to the room. It's a nice big room with a nice big bed. Nothing spectacular but perfectly good enough for a base of operations. The Internet is pretty fast too so I can update with ease. Anyway, it's been far too long a day to carry on without sleep so I bid you adieu.

Jambo out.

5 comments:

Matthew Davidson said...

Base of operations? No, you either mean Fortress of Solitude or Batcave, silly!

Nimmo said...

I think you mean Command Centre, no?

Jambo said...

Can we agree on giant ice thingy?

Nimmo said...

How about Fortress Of Giant Ice Centre?

Anyway bro, got my dates sorted for NYC. How does November 6th to November 15th grab you?

Jambo said...

Sounds poifect to me. :D