Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 11: The Living Day-lights

...

Anyway, it's been heaving it down in Illinois today and with me not feeling very well at all I decided it was best if I stayed in and got some rest. I finally had a shave so I'm no longer rocking the hobo-chic and have spent the day listening to music and reading. Housekeeping was meant to be done today but I think I slept through their attempts to get in.

I had a Skype chat with the family - it was nice to see Basil and Sooty again - and through that managed to find where I want to stay in Washington DC. The hotel is situated in Chinatown and it's meant to be walking distance away from most things of importance which is a huge plus for me. Come to think of it, how come Chinatown is a town? There's no mayor... It's more like a novelty street... Regardless, it's more expensive than it is where I'm currently staying but it'll definitely be worth paying that little bit extra to be more involved with the city and what it has to offer.

I'm not sure what I've got planned for the weekend. If I'm still unwell I probably won't stray too far. I'll probably just get stuff sorted out for the DC leg of the trip and see about going up the Willis Tower Skydeck.

Jambo out.

0 comments: