Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 9: Dawn of the Day-ed

Urgh... Feeling most unwell after the 'delights' of the Baconator. It's been so bad it's forced me indoors on what has turned out to be a rather nice day. In my current state of being, movement is a no-go at the minute so I'm hoping I'm better in a few hours as I need to get some groceries in. The fresh air will probably do me good as well. So, I've decided to leave Illinois a week earlier than anticipated and head to a new destination. I was torn between Boston and Washington DC so I left it up to Lady Luck:

[There was going to be a video here but the Internet connection is so unbelievably lame that it can't upload a puny 10MB video file so here's a description of what happened: I shuffled a deck of cards thoroughly then cut the deck. If the card I chose was red I'd go to Boston, if the card was black I'd go to Washington DC. I ended up picking the 5 of Clubs.]

So, Washington DC it is! I can't wait! I've been doing a lot of reading of stuff to do and if I stay for a week and a bit I think I'm going to be busy every minute of every day! There just seems like so much stuff to do! Definitely going to try and get a hotel right in the middle this time. I've got just under two weeks left here though so I'm going to get train tickets sorted out, a hotel booked, and then visit the few remaining places I want to check out in Chicago before heading off to a new State. =D

I've got to be feeling better by tomorrow morning though - I've got an action packed day planned involving a trip to the big shopping areas, a bite to eat, a museum visit and then a wander around Itasca before making it back to the hotel.

1 comments:

Nimmo said...

w00t, DC! That'll be awesome bro. :)

Hope you're not all awesomed-out before I come see you in NYC though. :P