Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 8: Shaun of the Day-ed

Strange weather again today - it couldn't decide whether it was going to rain or be sunny so it did both, but mostly it rained. After a nice Skype chat with the family I got showered, settled the bill at the front desk, and went for a walk in the rain. It quickly dried up after 5 minutes or so. On the way back I stopped by Wendy's and, wanting to sample a true taste of American culture, ordered the highly anticipated Baconator burger with fries and a Coke:



It was good. An epic burger to live up to an epic name. The square burgers took a bit of getting used to but the hickory smoked bacon was delicious. One thing I have noticed during my stay here is that Coke taste different - worse in fact. After doing a bit of reading on the 'Net I found out it's because in most places in the World they use pure cane sugar in Coke but in the US they use the fructose corn syrup. Definitely not a good thing. Think I'll be sticking to Mountain Dew or plain ol' orange juice in the future.

I had a chat with the people at the front desk and it turns out I can cut short my stay here by a week if I so wish - something I'm incredibly tempted to do as, in hindsight, a month is probably too long to stay in one place. Been pricing up train tickets to a bunch of different places so I'll make a decision on where to go next shortly.

Jambo out.

0 comments: