Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 6: Return of the Jed-Day

C'mon, you've gotta give me that one. It's getting harder and harder to think of appropriate film titles.

Massive shout-out to my brother-in-law Iain for doing the Great North Run today. He raised a lot of money for charity. I'll buy you a beer for your efforts when I get back.

Anyway, my feet were still killing me when I woke up so any plans of walking for any conceivable amount of time were thrown out the window in favour of another comfy day in the hotel room. I've exhausted my supply of Mountain Dew so will have to pick some up tomorrow on the way back from Chicago. I'm considering a trip to the Magnificent Mile tomorrow as I desperately need a pair of shorts and a shaver and it's somewhere interesting I haven't been yet.

I think I'm going to spend the rest of the day getting something to eat (the Baconator from Wendy's sounds pretty good!!) and then browsing the 'Net and my travel guide for places I need to visit while I'm here.

Looking ahead to Tuesday, I think I'll explore the parts of Itasca that I keep threatening to and find a local watering hole. In other news, I finally won a game of Patience! Grated, it's a one player game, but I didn't have to cheat this time! Majorly chuffed with that.

Jambo out.

0 comments: