Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 13: Day-ed, Where's My Car?

Hmm... Strange day today. I've done a lot of thinking and brainstorming with my family and come to some conclusions. I need to start planning stuff for the rest of the holiday. After trying to find a hotel in Washington DC and having to settle for somewhere out in the sticks again I've decided I'd be better off staying in a Hostel as it's going to be a lot cheaper and will give me a more central location. However, the hostels are understandably booked for the next two weeks so what it looks like I'm going to have to do is to book the hostel when it's next available and then try and book something somewhere else in the interim. I've made a list of places I want to visit while I'm over here so hopefully I'll be able to get everything booked.

Also contemplating cutting the trip down by 2-3 weeks and leaving straight after New York as I kinda get the feeling I'd otherwise just spend time in the hotel room/hostel sitting around which I don't want to do. Instead I'd pack as much stuff as possible into a shorter trip which I think is the best way to go about it.

Off to the History Museum tomorrow so I'll mull over the options again and make final decisions/arrangements on Tuesday.

Jambo out.

0 comments: